Saturday, April 4, 2009

Final Four

Final Four Predictions:

Here are my quick thoughts on today's Final Four match-ups.

I think Connecticut will outlast the home town Michigan State Spartans. Though I think the Spartans do have an advantage with the crowd likely in their favor I just don't think they match-up well with the Huskies. The Huskies point guard A.J. Price I think is primed for a big game. He often gets overlooked but I think he will be tough for Michigan State to guard. Center Hasheem Thabeet presents a big problem for the Spartans as well. Michigan State doesn't have the size inside to compete with him and will need to get him in foul trouble to have any hope of winning the battle in the paint.

As for the late game I think while Villanova has had a great tournament run, their bubble will burst at the hands of North Carolina. The Tar Heels are just too deep and strong for the Wildcats. Villanova will need more magic from point guard Scottie Reynolds to beat the Tar Heels. Unfortunately for the Wildcats, UNC has an answer for Reynolds in their own point guard Ty Lawson. To me Lawson has been the key to North Carolina's success all tournament. I think he is so talented and always raises his game to the level of his competition. I'd look for him to have a big game to overcome Villanova.

Hope everyone enjoys the tournament tonight, it should be a couple of quality basketball games.

No comments:

Post a Comment